Prime Coat, Tack Coat and Seal Coat
It is the first application of low viscosity liquid bituminous material over an existing porous surface like WBM base course. The main object of priming is to plug in the capillary voids of the porous surface using a low viscosity binding material. Mainly SC or MC cutbacks are the suitable grades chosen on the porosity of surface.
- To receive the stress generated from the above layers
- To receive the materials of the above layers and act as a bedding layer.
- Act as a support for the base and wearing course
- To improve drainage condition
- To remove heave
- To protect above layers from bad qualities from underlying soils.
- To prevent horizontal shear stresses and vertical pressure produced by moving or standing wheel load
- To provide density and resistance to wathering
- Distribution of higher wheel load pressure.
- to provide resistance against wear and tear due to traffic movements
- to provide smooth and dense riding surfaceto resist the pressure exerted by vehicle and to resist surface water infiltration.
Have A Nice Day:)